Pappaw, Granny (holding me) and Susan (my aunt)
posing on a Sunday afternoon.
Pappaw, me and Granny before one of Granny's
high school reunions.
Susan, Pappaw Luke, Granny and I at the beach.
The first time he ever saw the ocean!!
Thanks for all of your prayers, calls, well wishes and concern for my Pappaw Luke. Sorry I have not blogged in a few days, but I think that we knew his time on this Earth was drawing near and we wanted to spend as much time with him as possible at the hospital. Friday night, he was moved into MICU, so we could wait outside to see him a few minutes at a time. He just could not overcome the pneumonia that was overtaking his lungs. He had such a good attitude, he never complained or asked anything of us. He just would have a big grin on his face whenever we would come into his room. He just wanted us to surround him. On Monday, March 24th, his body was tired and he was ready to go home. I know that Jesus welcomed him into heaven Monday morning. God answered many prayers in that my grandmother, my mom and her brothers and sisters did not have to make hard decisions about whether or not to put him on machines, but that Pappaw slipped off into a peaceful sleep. He did not suffer in death. He was such a special man. A wonderful daddy, granddaddy and great-grandaddy. We will miss him terribly, but we are at peace knowing he is not suffering anymore. I will be 29 years old in June, and I had all four grandparents this entire time. It is has been very hard to let Pappaw Luke go. I know you try to prepare your mind, but you are NEVER ready to let them go. So doing the funeral home thing was a new experience. I never knew how taxing it was on the family, but I also never knew how thankful you are to the people who come to pay their respects. It gave me a whole new outlook on why paying your respects to your family and friends is so important. His funeral was yesterday, and it was so beautiful. He was an wonderful man and we are selfish in the loss, but rejoicing that he is in a far better place. I love you, Pappaw Luke!!!!



1 comments:
I so know how you guys are feeling. I didn't know of your Pappaw Luke's passing until I read your blog after his passing or I would have come to pay my respects to you and your family. I am so sorry about your loss. I hope each day gets easier. Talk to ya' soon.
Post a Comment