CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Where have the Coleys been?!?!?!?!

The house "Extreme Home Makeover" made over in Louisville.
Albert's prized possession from the trip. His own Louisville Slugger Bat!!!


The outside of the Louisville Slugger Museum. The bat is over 100 feet tall!!!





So we have not fallen off the face of the Earth, though those closest to us have not seen us much lately. Well first off, I (Mandy), had a school trip to the Schlechty Center (you school people will know what this is) in Louisville, Kentucky to participate in a Coaching for Design workshop. It was a GREAT experience, and I had a great group to travel with. There were only four of us from Whitfield County, and I think we represented well!!! We also were able to take in some of the sights of the town while we were there. Albert took care of things at home and did a fabulous job!! While I was gone, my grandfather on my mom's side suffered a stroke and has lost some movement in his arm, legs, and it has affected his ability to swallow. He is still in the hospital in Dalton. He also has some pneumonia. We would really appreciate your prayers for him. His name is Luke Hill. Albert is still teaching and doing a great job I might add. The kids are loving his class. Getting middle schoolers to sing is a huge feat!!! And most of them enjoy it!!! Albert also just finished singing with a group that performed Tuesday night at a church in Chattanooga, and he will perform Brahms Requiem with the Chattanooga Symphony and Orchestra on Friday, March 28th and Saturday, March 29th at the Tivoli. Whew....no wonder we are never home. We miss you all and hope to see you soon. Again, we ask for your prayers for my grandfather!! Love to you all!!


1 comments:

Bridenstine4 said...

Wow, you mean Kentucky is on this planet!?! I have some family in Louisville, and Steven's brother lives in Louisville. Thanks for sharing about your trip and ongoings. It's definitely hard to keep up with you guys, you are really on the go. I sent the blogger police after you to find out what was up!?! I'll be praying for your mom's dad. I'm so sorry to hear that. I will pray for her strength, as well. Love ya'll!